Rotuses a. 27, Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact Meno Parkas
Public institution gallery „Meno Parkas“ was established in 1997 by Kaunas department of Lithuanian Artists’ Association.
Gallery’s fields of activities:
- Organizing projects and exhibitions of professional contemporary Lithuanian artists in Lithuania and foreign countries.
- Organizing projects and exhibitions of professional contemporary foreign artists in Lithuania.
- Participating in international contemporary art, social projects and exhibitions.
- Publishing (projects’ and exhibitions’ catalogs, Lithuania’s and foreign artists’ personal creation catalogs, gallery’s electronic information publications etc.).
- Center of information (database about Lithuania’s and foreign countries’ artists creation, information about contemporary art projects in Lithuania and abroad, spread of information).
- Selling professional artists’ artwork, marketing of artists’ materials, framing and other facilities.
- Collaboration with Lithuania’s and foreign countries’ galleries, institutions of contemporary art, art academies, creative associations and organizations.
- Organizing conferences, meetings and discussions on contemporary art topics.
Priorities of galleries’ practice’s:
- Realization of Lithuanian Artists’ Association’s creative program.
- Young artists creations stimulation, involving them into projects of contemporary art.
Underlying gallery’s projects:
- International cultural exchange project “Art Line” (author of the project Arvydas Žalpys, started in 1999 and is annual. Current participants: contemporary art galleries, art centers and art institutions from Germany, Portugal, Poland, Latvia, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Great Britain, Norway, Lithuania.
- International contemporary art festival “Kaunas in Art” (author of the project – Arvydas Žalpys, started in 2008, since 2012 is held every two year).
- Continuous project for young artists "The Young. Green Consciousness" (started in 2011).