Painter, muralist, sculptor, printmaker, graphic designer and illustrator. He studied between 1941 and 1946 at the Cristóbal Rojas School of Fine and Applied Arts of Caracas. He traveled to Paris in 1947 when he won the first National Arts Award for young artists. A year later he participated in Caracas in the founding of the Taller Libre de Arte. He returned to Paris in 1950 taking part in the group Los Disidentes. Back in Caracas in 1952, he founded, together with sculptor Carlos González Bogen, the Cuatro Muros Gallery, organizing the ”Primera exposición Internacional de Arte Abstracto” in the country. Among other awards, he received prestigious ones like the John Boulton Award in 1950 and the Federico Brandt Award in 1953, both granted by the Salón Oficial. He also wa... s awarded in 1994 the Armando Reverón Grant by the Venezuelan Association of Fine Artists. The Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Mateo Manaure in Maturín, Monagas state, was inaugurated in 2008. In Paris, his work evolved towards geometric abstraction and then to lyrical abstraction. He made murals, geometric abstract type stained glass and polychromes, to collaborate with the Artistic Integration Project at Ciudad Universitaria. Early in the 60s he returned to the figurative art with several colleges, but went back again to geometric abstraction in the early 70s. Among his most important solo exhibitions are: “Mateo Manaure. Pascual Navarro”, Museo de Bellas Artes (Caracas, 1947); Museo de Bellas Artes (Caracas, 1965); “Suelos de mi tierra”, Eugenio Mendoza Foundation (Caracas, 1967); “Columnas policromadas. Obras recientes, materiales diversos, acrílico, laca, estampaciones”, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Caracas Sofía Imber (Caracas, 1977); Durban Gallery (Caracas 1994) and “Einblicke ins neue Jahrtausend”, María Isabel Haldner Galerie (Zurich, 1999). His works are present in museums and including, among others: Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Mateo Manaure (Maturín, Venezuela); the Museum of Modern Art (New York, USA) and Patricia Phelps de Cisneros Collection (Caracas, Venezuela).