Painter, draftsman, illustrator, caricaturist and journalist. He was born in 1929 to the right bank of the wide Orinoco. Between 1945 and 1947 course studies of Plastic and Applied Arts in Caracas. He was part of the Grupo del Taller Libre de Arte in Caracas between 1948 and 1952.
At the beginning of the fifties he traveled to Rome where he stayed until 1952. Between 1952 and 1957, he lived and worked in Paris, France.
In 1958, upon his return to Venezuela, he defined the orientation of the figurative movement against the abstract, geometric and socialist realist tendencies.
He served between 1958 and 1959 as Founding Director of the School of Plastic Arts of the Universidad de los Andes Mérida. He was Professor of Painting at the School of Visual Arts Cristobal Rojas from 1959 to 1982.
It has been exhibited individually and collectively throughout the country and also in Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Cuba, Guyana, Aruba, Bonaire, Brazil, Italy, the United States, Iraq, Chile, France, Haiti, Bulgaria, Germany, Guadeloupe, Bolivia, Israel, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Spain, Federal Republic of Russia, Canada and Germany.